Korean lesson 15: My hands are cold.

손이 시려요.
[soni siryeoyo.]
My hands are cold.

A: 날씨가 정말 춥네요. 손이 시려요.
[Nalssiga jeongmal chumneyo. Soni siryeoyo.]
A: It is so cold today. My hands are so cold.

B: 이렇게 추운데 장갑도 안 꼈어요?
[Ireoke chuunde janggapdo an kkyeosseoyo?]
B: Why didn't you wear mittens?

A: 급하게 나와서 잊어버렸어요. 그런데 정은 씨는 치마를 입었네요?
[Geupage nawaseo ijeobeoryeosseoyo. Geureonde jeongeun ssineun chimareul ibeonneyo?]
A: I left the house in a hurry; I forgot. But why are you wearing a skirt, Jung-eun?

B: 예쁘잖아요. 부츠를 신어서 발은 안 시려요.
[Yeppeujanayo. Bucheureul sineoseo bareun an siryeoyo.]
B: I thought it would be cute. My feet are okay because of the boots.

It's very cold these days. To be out in this weather, your feet and hands will be very cold. The verb ``시리다[sirida]'' is used to describe the cold feeling of the parts of the body that are exposed to the cold weather. For example, ``손이 시리니까 꼭 장갑을 끼세요.[Soni sirinikka kkok janggabeul kkiseyo.] (Make sure you put on your mittens to keep your hands warm.),'' ``구두를 신어서 발이 시려요.[Gudureul sineoseo bari siryeoyo.] (My feet are cold because I'm wearing dress shoes.)'' Keep your feet and hands warm this winter.