Korean Lesson 02: Nice to meet you.

처음 뵙겠습니다.

[Choum poepgetsumnida]

Nice to meet you.

A : 안녕하십니까? 처음 뵙겠습니다.

Hello. Nice to meet you.

[Annyonghasimnikka? Choum poepgetsumnida.]

My name is Anthony.

[Chonun Ansonirago hamnida.]

B : 안녕하십니까? 저는 김영입니다.

Hello. I'm Young Kim.

[Annyonghasimnika? Chonun Kim Yong-imnida.]

어느 나라에서 오셨습니까?

Where are you from?

[Onu nara-eso Osyot-sumnika?]

A : 저는 뉴질랜드에서 왔습니다.

I'm from New Zealand.

[Chonun Nyujilland-eso wat-sumnida.]

한국에 여행하기 위해서 왔습니다.

I came to tour Korea.

[Hanguge Yohaenhagi wibaeso watsumnida.]

B : 즐거운 시간이 되시기를 바랍니다.

I hope you have a nice visit.

[Chulgoun sigani toesigirul paramnida.]

The literal meaning of '처음 뵙겠습니다.' [choum poepgetsumnida] is 'it's my first time meeting (with) you.' Thus, this expression is used only when you meet someone for the first time. '만나서 반갑습니다[Manna-so pangapsumnida]'(I'm pleased to meet you) is another expression that can be used in a similar context. These expressions are used mostly in formal conversational situations '또 뵙겠습니다.[Tto poepgetsumnida]' is an expression that can be used to mean 'Let's meet again.'