Korean lesson 11: I’m still unemployed.

아직 백수예요.
[ajik baeksuyeyo.]
I'm still unemployed.

A: 민선아, 오랜만이야. 취직했어?
[Minseona, oraenmaniya. Chwijikaesseo?]
A: How have you been Min-sun? Did you find a job?

B: 아니요. 아직 백수예요. 일자리를 찾고 있는데 쉽지가 않아요.
[Aniyo. Ajik baeksuyeyo. Iljarireul chatgo inneunde swipjiga anayo.]
B: No, not yet. I'm still looking for one, but it's very difficult.

A: 그렇구나. 너무 조급하게 생각하지 마. 잘 준비하면 좋은 결과가 있을 거야.
[Geureokuna. Neomu jogeupage saenggakaji ma. Jal junbihamyeon joeun gyeolgwaga isseul geoya.]
A: I see. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you are persistent, I'm sure you'll find something.

B: 네. 고마워요, 선배.
[Ne. Gomawoyo, seonbae.]
B: Thanks.

A: 가자. 내가 밥 살게.
[Gaja. Naega bap salge.]
A: Let's go have lunch. It's on me.

The word ``백수[baeksu]'' describes someone who is unemployed. With the stagnant economy, finding a job has gotten more difficult. If you know of anyone in this situation, why not take him or her out to lunch to make him or her feel better? ``내가 밥 살게.[naega bap salge.] (The lunch is on me.).'' It will boost their morale.