Korean Lesson 01: What about tomorrow?

◆ 내일은 어때요? What about tomorrow? [Naeilun ottaeyo?] A : 토니씨, 주말에 뭐 할 거예요? Tony, what are you doing this weekend? [Toni ssi, chumare mwo hal koyeyo?] B : 이번 주말에는 집에서 그냥 쉬려구요. I think I’ll just rest at home this weekend. [Ibon chumarenun chibeso kunyang swiryogoyo] A : 토니 씨 시간이 괜찮다면 주말에 영화 보자고 하려던 참이었는데요. Tony, I was going to ask you to go to the movies with me if it’s all right with you. [Tony ssi sigani kwaenchanumyon chumare yonghwa pojago haryodon chamionnundeyo] B : 그래요? 내일은 어때요? 내일 저녁에는 시간이 있는데. Really? How about tomorrow? I have time tomorrow evening. [Kuraeyo? Naeilun ottaeyo? Naeil chonyogenun sigani innunde] A : 그러면 내일 영화 시간을 알아볼게요. All right. I’ll find out tomorrow’s show times. [Kuromyon naeil yonghwa siganul arabolkkeyo] There are several expressions to use to confirm an interlocutor’s intentions. Two of the more frequently used expressions are 00은/는 어때요? (How about~) “[00 un ottaeyo?] and “00은/는 어때요? (If it’s alright with you~.) “[00 un/nun kwanchanayo?] When making appointments, for example, 토요일은 어때요? (How about Saturday?)” [toyoirun ottayo?] “종로는 어때요? (How about Jongro?)” [chongnonun ottaeyo? ]