Korean lesson 08: I left my umbrella on the subway.

우산을 지하철에 두고 내렸어요.

[ usaneul jihacheore dugo naeryeosseoyo.]

I left my umbrella on the subway.

A: 빌리 씨, 무슨 일 있어요?
[Billi ssi, museun il isseoyo?]
A: What is wrong, Billy?

B: 우산을 지하철에 두고 내렸어요. 여자 친구한테 선물 받은 건데.
[Usaneul jihacheore dugo naeryeosseoyo. yeoja chinguhante seonmul badeun geonde.]
B: I left my umbrella on the subway. It was a gift from my girlfriend.

A: 그래요? 그럼 유실물센터에 한번 가 보세요.
[ Geuraeyo? Geureom yusilmulsenteoe hanbeon ga boseyo.]
A: Really? Why don't you go stop by the Lost & Found?

B: 거기가 어디에 있어요?
[Geogiga eodie isseoyo?]
B: Where is that?

A: 1호선 유실물센터는 시청역에 있어요.
[Il hoseon yusilmulsenteoneun sicheongyeoge isseoyo.]
A: The Lost & Found for Subway Line 1 is at the City Hall Station.

Like `두고 내리다[dugo naerida] (to leave on the~),' `두고 가다/오다[dugo gada/oda]' is often used like `휴대폰을 식당에 두고 왔어요.[hyudaeponeul sikdange dugo wasseoyo.] (I left my phone at the restaurant).' There are times when you get off the subway or the bus in a hurry and leave things behind, right? No need to panic. Call the Lost & Found. But before you get off, make sure you're not leaving anything behind.